BE, ME, PhD(Syd.), MAIB, MAIQS, MHKIE
Chair Professor of Construction Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Tel.: (852) 2766 5879
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Heng started his academic career from Tongji University since 1987. Heng then researched and lectured at the University of Sydney, James Cook University and Monash University before joining Hong Kong Polytechnic University. During this period, Heng have also worked with engineering design and construction firms and provided consultancy services to both private and government organizations in Australia, Hong Kong and China. Heng has conducted many funded research projects related to the innovative application and transfer of construction information technologies, and he has published 2 books, more than 200 journal papers in major journals of his field and numerous conferences papers in proceedings.
- Construction Virtual Prototyping
- Construction Information Technology
- Construction Management
- Construction Technology
- Director, Research Centre for Construction Innovation ( please link to http://www.bre.polyu.edu.hk/rcci/index.htm)
- Discipline Leader, Information and Construction Technology
- Smart Construction Laboratory Manager
- Academic Advisor
Selected Recent Publication List
Publications on line
Book and Research Monograph (Selected)
- Li, H. (1994) Machine Learning of Design Concepts. Computational Mechanics Press. Southampton, UK. 220p
- Chen Z and Li, H. (2006) Environmental Management in Construction, A Quantitative Approach. Taylor & Francis. 212p.2
Externally Refereed Journal Paper (Selected)
- Cao, D., Li, H., Wang, G., Huang, T. (2017) Identifying and contextualising the motivations for BIM implementation in construction projects: An empirical study in China. International Journal of Project Management, 35 (4), pp. 658-669.
Yan, X., Li, H., Li, A.R., Zhang, H. (2017) Wearable IMU-based real-time motion warning system for construction workers’ musculoskeletal disorders prevention. Automation in Construction, 74, pp. 2-11.
- Lu, M., Cheung, C.M., Li, H., Hsu, S.-C. (2016) Understanding the relationship between safety investment and safety performance of construction projects through agent-based modeling. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 94, pp. 8-17.
- Luo, X., Li, H., Huang, T., Skitmore, M. (2016) Quantifying Hazard Exposure Using Real-Time Location Data of Construction Workforce and Equipment (2016) Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 142 (8).
- Lu, H., Wang, H., Xie, Y., Li, H. (2016) Construction material safety-stock determination under nonstationary stochastic demand and random supply yield. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 63 (2), art. no. 7439764, pp. 201-212.
- Luo, X., Li, H., Huang, T., Rose, T. (2016) A field experiment of workers’ responses to proximity warnings of static safety hazards on construction sites. Safety Science, 84, pp. 216-224.
- Li, Li, H., Yang, X., Wang, F., Rose, T., Chan, G., Dong, S. (2016) Stochastic state sequence model to predict construction site safety states through Real-Time Location Systems. Safety Science, 84, pp. 78-87.